Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Testing, testing, one two three..

Hi there, kiddo,

Life is full of tests.  Not the happy, paper, get a grade and move on types.  Life has "surprise" and if you don't make it then you get a knife in the back.  Life can be full of unkind things.  Other people too.  Without God I don't know how I would get by.

So I have a test in just over 2 weeks.  I have been told by a very good engineer that "It is like they took all the toughest exams from my senior year of college and stapled them together".  Kiddo, I am unprepared.  Underprepared.  But the best knowledge that I have right now is that if I don't find a good way to pass it, then I am in a much rougher spot.  This fall is scheduled to have some personal challenges.

You need me.  You need me to be standing and capable.  You need me to be able to provide well for you and your mathmommy and the math-micro (your baby sister).

One step at a time.  It is how to climb a mountain, or walk a road of 10,000 miles.  Just keep putting one foot in front of the other with good consistency.  Don't run, just walk consistently.  Walk consistently.

I gotta go shower, shave, and get ready for work.  I hope you have fun playdates today.  I hope your Tuesday is good to you.

-mathdad

No comments: