Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Heart attack, Jack (Q4 2023)

 My brother, your uncle, Jack J. had a heart attack yesterday.  It isn't his first, or his second.  It knocked him down hard.  He was medivac-ed (how do you spell that) to a city 120 miles away.  He had to be resuscitated 3 times during transport.  His sone feels that it is really good that he is alive, and that he is stable and breathing on his own.

His daughter K was saying that if he died she might harm herself, she has no idea how to live on her own. His (amazing) wife was saying that they would be able to pay bills even with the older kids taking up jobs.  They need him alive. 

I wish I could email "Oliver Anthony" and ask him to write a song about how when the old men get put six feet underground their families explode, disintegrate, and half of them are done in half a year.

And I think about life insurance in the presence of printing $6trillion in new bills, and the mega-inflation we are due.  And when folks ask if the treasury can print a trillion dollar bill it answers in the affirmative whether there are million or billion dollar bills.

This decade "buried" my mother and my sister.  I do not think it deserves any more of my siblings lives.

And my beautiful nano, you said "can you please stop talking about dying because it is making my tummy sick".  You are five and articulate and wonderful.  I love you dearly.  

God keep us all.  God keep us all.   

No comments: