Friday, September 27, 2013

Short link for programming article

Hey there big girl,

I saw this on slashdot.  (link) Slashdot is a good news aggregator.

The article says "teach programming earlier".  I read it that way, anyway.  My take on it is "they just mastered walking intentionally and language - so they are crazy-smart and perfectly capable.  They just need a way to make vocabulary easier."

This is the actual article, something I would read:
http://www-public.int-evry.fr/~gibson/Research/Publications/E-Copies/Gibson12.pdf

Here is a more official publication reference:
Teaching Graph Algorithms To Children Of All AgesJ. Paul Gibson. Presented at the Seventeenth Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE 2012), Haifa, Israel, 3-5 July, pages 34 - 39, ISBN = 978-1-4503-1246-2

The conclusion was:

I want you to be able to succeed.

Love you much, MathGirl.

-mathdad

No comments: