Monday, December 22, 2008

Month 6 day 3

Hey Mathbaby,

I was reading this article (link) , and I thought it was funny.

You have no idea how cool you are.
I played pat-a-cake with you in-utero. I felt for your hand on the surface of mathmommies belly. I patted it once. You patted back once. I then patted it twice. You patted back twice.

In mimicry you showed as a 7 month old fetus that number was meaningful to you.
You didn't know it, but you were counting before you were born.

Currently you are almost 50% your lifetime socially advanced - they say you are doing things that babies who are 1.5x your age typically do.

I love you math-baby.

-mathdad

1 comment:

mathdad said...

"Symmetry, as wide or as narrow as you may define its meaning, is one idea by which man through the ages has tried to comprehend and create order, beauty and perfection." ~ Hermann Weyl

In your touching kinetic and temporal symmetry, you were touching order, beauty, and perfection, in some small but meaningfully human way.